2. I really don’t like the cold, and I complain about it all the time. Raymond keeps reminding me that we’ve lived in Utah and Indiana and it was colder there, but I think I'm getting wimpier. I’m still a California girl at heart. I would be really happy if the weather could stay between 70 and 80 degrees for months at a time.
3. I come from a family of 8 children. The first seven of us were each born on a different day of the week.
4. I love being a mom. I have the best mom and I wanted to be just like her and have lots of children. Of course, for me that meant four children, not eight!
5. Raymond and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary in December. It’s been a fabulous 15 years!
6. I’ve had two surgeries in my life. The first was when I broke my nose at the age of 13, and the second was arthroscopic knee surgery at the age of 19.
7. I love to grow vegetables in our garden, but I have the hardest time getting zucchini to grow. Who has a hard time getting zucchini to grow?
8. I’ve never mowed a lawn. (A benefit of having lots of brothers) I've always been afraid to admit that one because I'm sure that someone will make me do it and ruin my streak!
9. I have a degree in elementary education from BYU. I started college as an accounting major because I thought it would be a good career for me since I love math and I’m good with numbers. I figured out pretty quickly that it wasn’t what I wanted to do. I had always had a desire to be a teacher, so I immediately knew what major I should really be in.
10. I had never watched a Jane Austen movie until last year, and now I’ve watched them all and I’m hooked (Thanks, Taralie!) My favorite is the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice. Collin Firth is the best Mr. Darcy.
11. I can’t remember where I parked my car, but I remember my locker combination from high school, the price of specific groceries at the store, and almost everyone’s birthday. Numbers stick in my head but important information gets lost easily.
12. I love to make cards, and I remember the date of almost everyone’s birthday, I just don’t remember to send cards on people’s birthdays. I have the best of intentions, though. So, if it's your birthday and I forgot to send you a card, at least you know that I will think of you when I see the date on the calendar.
13. My favorite snacks used to be Sun Chips, ice cream, Slurpees, and Spree candy (although not all at once). Now that I’m eating healthier, I love dark chocolate. However, I can enjoy any yummy dessert, especially if it involves chocolate, peanut butter, or both!
14. I hate making decisions, even small ones. I don’t care where we go out to eat as long as someone else picks the place!
15. I don’t have my ears pierced. There really isn’t a reason I don’t. I’m not against them or anything. But at this point, I feel like I need a compelling reason to get them pierced, and I haven’t come up with one. I’m fine without them. I guess it kind of goes back to the not being able to make a decision thing.
16. I once had a job as an olive sorter. The olives came by on the conveyer belt, and I picked out the mushy ones. Imagine doing that for 8-10 hours at a time! I guess that’s what happens when you grow up in the “olive capital.”
17. I love to sing, even though I’m not that great at it. I enjoy singing in choirs, singing along to the stereo, and singing karaoke. I’m just not cut out for singing solos. I need my voice to blend into the crowd.
18. I used to run track, and I could run a mile in under six minutes. How come I can’t keep up with my three year old?
19. I’ve been out of the country twice, and both were two week trips with Raymond after having kids. The first trip was to London and Paris, and my parents watched our kids. The second trip was to Brazil this past year to visit my parents while they are serving a two year mission. Raymond’s mom watched our kids this time. We had a fabulous time on both trips.
20. When I put cups away in the cupboard, I will not stack cups together that clash. The red cup cannot be touching the pink one! I will rearrange the cups until I'm happy with the ones that are touching each other.
21. I have such a problem with wanting to do things perfectly, that many things don’t get done or put away or organized because I haven’t figured out the “perfect” way to do them yet.
22. I’m extremely shy by nature. I have to force myself to talk to people that I don’t know well, and I always have a fear that they won’t want to talk to me. I love to get to know people, it’s just difficult for me to make the first step and approach people and talk to them.
23. I am surprised to learn how much I love living in Kentucky. It’s a great place to live and raise our family. We have great friends here and it really does feel like home to me now.
24. I couldn’t ask for a better family. My parents are wonderful. I’m blessed to be the only girl in a family with seven brothers! I am not completely left out on the sister thing, though. I now have three daughters (and a son) of my own, eight sisters-in-law, and I’ve been lucky enough to find a “sister” here in Kentucky.
25. I love being in my 30s and feel that life keeps getting better and better with each passing year. I feel much younger than I am, although my body reminds me now and then that I’m not in my early 20s anymore.
No comments:
Post a Comment